[Xquartz-dev] new xpbproxy

John Koren jpkoren at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:55:47 PDT 2008

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for fixing item 2), which caused xpbproxy from not starting
correctly on my Powerbook G4.

I still, however, have a strange problem.  I am trying to select  text
 in rxvt or xterm and paste it to an OSX application (e.g., TextEdit).

Let me first describe how I can get it to work correctly:

1) Copy text in xterm with cmd-c and paste in TextEdit with cmd-v.
2) After that I can simply select text in xterm (without cmd-v) and
paste it TextEdit with cmd-v, which I think is the correct behavior.

Now, if I skip step 1) described above and start with step 2, in which
text is simply highlighted, the problem occurs. I see the following
once I try to paste:

1) Pasting does not work.
2) The X11 windows become difficult to move as dragging becomes very spasmodic.
3) The cpu associated with xpbproxy grows from 0% to 2.5% and never subsides.
4) X11 becomes unusable and I have to quit it.

I hope my description is clear. This is a fully repeatable behavior.

-John