[Xquartz-dev] 1.4.2-apple20

George Peter Staplin georgeps at xmission.com
Fri Oct 24 13:23:47 PDT 2008

Quoted Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com>:

> On Oct 24, 2008, at 08:08, robert delius royar wrote:

>>> That should be sufficient.
>>>
>>> What version of xpbproxy do you have?  If it's the one from
>>> 2.3.2_beta1, that's why.  We released an updated binary last week,
>>>   so grab that... or just wait until I release the 2.3.2_beta2
>>> package...
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> That was the problem.  I now have the new xpbproxy which works.
>>
>> When I highlight text in xterm, the text is copied to the
>> clipboard,  but the highlight immediately turns off (as soon as I
>> release the  mouse button).  That is not how X in the same xterm
>> version (237) on  my Xandros system works.  I missed most of last
>> week's discussions;  perhaps this was discussed.
>
> I don't see that happening... hmm =/
>
> I thought this might happen once we got the proxy-immediately stuff
> working (and not just when we enter/leave X11.app) ... but I don't
> think that's done yet.
>
> George?

I have tried to implement the changes needed so that we receive owner
change events in the x_selection class, so that the enter/leave events
aren't needed for changeCount detection.  For some reason it doesn't
quite work as documented, or I wasn't using it the right way.

There's some code towards the end of x-selection.m that was supposed
to be called, if the owner: is non-nil in declareTypes:owner:, but it
doesn't seem to work, i.e. I couldn't get it to be called/dispatched,
so I ended up making the owner:nil -- just in case.  The method
pasteboardChangedOwner: x-selection.m was originally in the old code
we based this on, but it didn't seem to be used, or run when I started
on pbproxy/xpbproxy either.

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSPasteboard_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//apple_ref/occ/instm/NSObject/pasteboardChangedOwner:

Perhaps there is an event we need to explicitly listen for, or the
NSPasteboard has changed?

George
--
http://people.freedesktop.org/~gstaplin/