[Xquartz-dev] Modifier keys don't work (with 3-btn emulation disabled)

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 27 07:12:19 PDT 2008

I followed along earlier in the 2.3.1_beta threads about the modifier
keys and 3-button emulation. I'm pretty sure at the time that this was
working for me, but now, running 2.3.2_beta2, I'm unable to get any
modifiers to be applied to button clicks (like trying to shift-click
to multi-select things in XFCE's file manager, for example). And
button clicks in xev look the same regardless what modifiers I have
pressed.

I've got:

    "enable_fake_buttons" = 0;
    "enable_key_equivalents" = 1;

in my org.x.x11 prefs. Is there anything else I should check for that
might be messing things up? Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks,

 - Brian