[Xquartz-dev] xpbproxy Oct 29th 2008 test release

Dave Ray apple at jonive.com
Wed Oct 29 18:48:55 PDT 2008

You did it!
xpbproxy Oct 29 release

I can copy and paste both directions between X11-Gimp and Preview,
Photoshop and any OS-X graphics program.
I can copy and paste both directions between TextEdit and X11-Eterm,
X11-xterm

I noticed a very minor anomaly with copy-paste between xterm and
Eterm . If I highlight text in an xterm window, then switch to an
Eterm window and click mouse button-2, the text pastes as expected.
But if I de-select the text in xterm before pasting in Eterm, I get
nothing. The highlighted text in xterm will paste to Textedit, whether
or not the text was de-selected first. Going the other way - Copying
highlighted text from Eterm and pasting into xterm acts normal,
pasting works whether or not the text is de-selected first.

Thanks again for looking at the copy-paste issues with Eterm, I'll try
to pass on your feedback to the developers.

Dave