[Xquartz-dev] Environment passed to Applications-launched processes

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Tue Sep 2 08:43:55 PDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Martin Costabel
costabel-at-wanadoo.fr |Xquartz-dev/personal|
<...> wrote:
> Starting /A/U/X11.app "directly", i.e. from the Finder gives a very
> minimal environment to processes started from the Applications menu.
> They simply inherit Finder's poor environment.

That was kind of my point, really -- I was wondering if X11.app is
_explicitly_ setting a minimal path when it's started from the app
bundle, overwriting what it inherited from the Finder, because it's
not even including things in the Finder's path that are added from my
/etc/paths and /etc/paths.d/* entries.

 - Brian