[Xquartz-dev] [2.3.1RC3] screen captures

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:43:15 PDT 2008

I'm seeing something odd that I'm pretty sure is new to 2.3 or so --
if I try to do a window-specific screen-cap of a wireshark window
("cmd-shift-4", "space", click), I don't get a proper picture of the
window. The main window shows some corrupted fonts in one frame, the
others are blank; if I try to get a snap of the Statistics/Summary
window, it's blank except for the title bar. If I do an area capture
instead (don't hit space and just drag around the window), I get a
true picture of what the window looked like.

My wireshark is built from MacPorts from a while back, against an
older X11.app install (I can probably figure out which from receipt
timestamps, if it's important). Could it be that I need to rebuild my
X-related MacPorts stuff against the newer libs?

Thanks,

 - Brian