[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.1_rc6

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Sep 6 00:40:25 PDT 2008

Yes, I know I *JUST* released rc5, and I know I said that was pretty
much it...  but I ended up fixing a bug yesterday that some users have
been patiently waiting for for some time now, so I decided to not make
them wait much longer for it.

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/X11-2.3.1_rc6.pkg

2.3.1_rc6 adds the following over rc5:

256 Color support*
Stability improvements in the file-descriptor handoff from /usr/X11/
bin/Xquartz to X11.app

If these two issues don't really impact you, then there's not really a
need for you to try out rc6 if you have rc5 already.

Thanks,
Jeremy

*: kinda... there's a bug in the colormap processing if you are in
TrueColor mode, but it works fine if you select '256 Color' from the
X11->Preferences->Output->Colors, but that never wasn't working on
Tiger, so this gets us to atleast where Tiger was.