[Xquartz-dev] X11-2.3.1

Scott Buchanan dscottbuch at mac.com
Mon Sep 15 19:43:44 PDT 2008

On Sep 15, 2008, at 7:17 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> Can you point me to the application?

Not really, its our proprietary set of 300+ executables and
library :)  Happy to share what will help but don't want to overwhelm:)

> Can you tell me what your output display settings are in X11
> preferences?

'From Display' and have the alert check box checked

> Can you tell me what visual this window is trying to use?

Not entirely sure but this is in the source code. XV_VISUAL_CLASS,
DirectColor

> Can you tell me which release candidate of X11-2.3.1 you started
> seeing the problem with?

I first saw this with rc7.  I believe I had rc5 installed OK.

I installed 2.3.1 again and had the problem then, using pacifist, I
overwrote only the X11.app and Xquartz.  The window problem was gone.
There were, of course, other problems (the menus, etc.)  Also there
are captures of good and bad at

http://idisk.mac.com/dscottbuch-Public/X11_pics/DSB_Visual_bad.png

http://idisk.mac.com/dscottbuch-Public/X11_pics/DSB_Visual_Good.png