[Xquartz-dev] X11-2.3.1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Sep 16 16:07:05 PDT 2008

Scott Buchanan wrote:
> Ok, in following the other comments/problems on the list WRT 2.3.1 I
> saw the suggestion for gnubg to install rc5 over rc7 - this works for
> me as well.
>
> So the order
>
> Install 10.5.5
> Install 2.3.1 release
> install 2.3.1 rc_5
>
> And my visuals are fine.

Right, but this doesn't help me *fix* the problem.  Please answer my
earlier questions:

What visual are you trying to use in 2.3.1_rc5 and what one are you
using in the final release?  24bit direct and true were both in
2.3.1_rc5 and haven't changed in 2.3.1.  What has changed is that I
added the 15bit visuals... so I'm wondering if you're trying to use the
15bit visuals before the 24bit visuals.  Please get me a reproducible
test case to help narrow this down.