[Xquartz-dev] pbproxy-13 (a pasteboard proxy for XQuartz)

George Peter Staplin georgeps at xmission.com
Thu Sep 25 14:00:11 PDT 2008

About pbproxy
-------------

pbproxy is an application that transfers selections to/from X11
and the Mac pasteboard/clipboard.

It supports copying strings, such as UTF-8, Latin-1, and Compound
text.  In addition to those, there is support for image copying,
so you can copy images to/from the X11 Gimp (and other X11
applications that support image copying) and Mac applications.

There is also support for copying and pasting very large amounts
of data that used to previously fail.

Changes since release 11

---------------------
13 - Thu Sep 25, 2008

Remove the backup files from the distribution that I mistakenly left
when building the tarball.

Add a release_checklist.txt and the interactive test suite to the tests
directory.

---------------------
12 - Thu Sep 25, 2008

I fixed the STRING property, so that now rxvt can copy/paste, as well as
other apps that only support the Latin-1/STRING.

I fixed the usage of the NSString cStringUsingEncoding: - it doesn't NUL
terminate the string, which lead to a bus error in some cases.  So, we
use lengthOfBytesUsingEncoding: to get the length in bytes instead of
strlen().

Add a -force option to ./install.sh.  For example:

sudo ./install.sh -force

Document this new flag in the README.txt.

Please report bugs to this list or gstaplin at apple.com

George
--
http://www.xmission.com/~georgeps/  http://whim.linuxsys.net