[Xquartz-dev] Xquartz-dev Digest, Vol 18, Issue 8

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Tue Apr 7 14:48:20 PDT 2009

On Apr 7, 2009, at 03:43, Christof Wolf wrote:

> Harald,
>
> thanks I did the same thing like you did - same result, I got
>
> key press   133
> key release 133
>
> on xinput test 2, same behavior like you've described.
>
> Jeremy,
>
>> I'm confused whyyour keys aren't repeating... I'm also confused as to
>> why you have the 100% CPU issue while X11.app is in the background
>> (currently worked around by #if 0ing out some code).  That 100% CPU
>> issue happens during the mouse event processing.
>
> at the moment I am working on my MacBook Air Mac OX X 10.5.6. (1.86
> GHz, Intel
> Core 2 Duo, 2GB 1067 Mhz DDR3, SSD) no additional devices attached -
> but the
> non
> repeating "feature" is exactly the same as on my MacBook Pro.
>
>> Can you please tell me the output of:
>> xset q
>
> Keyboard Control:
>  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
>  auto repeat delay:  660    repeat rate:  25
>  auto repeating keys:  00ffffffffffffff
>                        ffffffffffffffff
>                        ffffffffffffffff
>                        ffffffffffffffff

Well... the server says that auto repeat is on, so you must be wrong.
::Close bug, put fingers in ears, and say, "la la la"::

In all seriousness, I have no clue.  I am confused why your repeat
mask does not match mine:

   auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  0    LED mask:  00000000
   auto repeat delay:  525    repeat rate:  11
   auto repeating keys:  00ffffffffffff7f
                         42ffffffffffffff
                         ffffffffffffffff
                         ffffffffffffffff

Do you have this file:
$ ls /usr/X11/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/50-modifier_repeat.sh
/usr/X11/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/50-modifier_repeat.sh

It should be marked executable and thus run by /usr/X11/lib/X11/xinit/
xinitrc

Are you using a keyboard layout other than US English (try US
English)?  Do you have "Follow System Keyboard Layout" enabled (try
disabling it)?