[Xquartz-dev] Weird 2.4.0_rc2 expose issue

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Aug 12 11:21:36 PDT 2009

On Aug 12, 2009, at 07:13, Jamie Kennea wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
>
>> Hmm. Is it this bug (fixed 16 months ago) that has come back?
>>
>> http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/2
>
> It certainly seems the same, but its just affecting this one xterm
> window (I have 2 others now that work fine), and I can't see what's
> special about it. xwininfo doesn't reveal anything obvious. Perhaps
> this is just a weird one-off.

It's entirely possible that the "bad" xterm window was started before
quartz-wm checked in with the server... thus that xterm window wasn't
flagged to pass focus events to quartz-wm for handling.

Was the rogue xterm started as 'app_to_run' by chance?  It might've
just won the race against quartz-wm checking in...