[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.0_beta1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Dec 3 09:39:06 PST 2009

Thanks to everyone who've been testing the 1.7 servers and reporting regressions over 1.6.  As of now, there are no known regressions from 1.5 to 1.6 to 1.7 (although there are a few "new" issues common to all of them pertaining to keyboard mapping), so I'm pleased to finally announce our first package release based entirely of upstream-released server bits, 1.7.3 (no -appleXX business here).

We've also picked up new xcb-proto and some various other version bumps that are less consequential.

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.5.0_beta1.dmg (it should update through sparkle if you're using an earlier alpha/beta).

Please let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks,
Jeremy