[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.0_beta1

Jean-Francois Sygnet jfs00 at sygnet.info
Thu Dec 3 15:13:02 PST 2009

Jeremy Huddleston a écrit :
> On Dec 3, 2009, at 12:22, Jean-Francois Sygnet wrote:
>
>> The XQuartz.pkg installer doesn't install (for me at least :-) /Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app/
>> but if I get it "manually", every thing is fine.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.  Why doesn't it install?  Does it give an error?

Sorry, my mistake :-(

Somewhere on my hard disk was another (old) version of XQuartz.app/
(actually in ~/Downloads/) and it seems that it prevented the
XQuartz.pkg installer to copy the XQuartz.app/ (version 1.7.3) to
/Applications/Utilities/
I.e.: the installer seemed to work perfectly, finishing with
"Installation Successful" and with no errors in the logfile,
but eventually no XQuartz.app was found in /Application/Utilities/

Deleting ~/Downloads/XQuartz.app/ and relaunching XQuartz.pkg
solved the problem.

(And I use a MacBookPro1,1 under 10.6.2)

JF Sygnet