[Xquartz-dev] Xquartz-dev Digest, Vol 16, Issue 9

Christof Wolf ch.wolf at hfph.mwn.de
Tue Feb 10 16:40:25 PST 2009

On Monday 09 February 2009, xquartz-dev-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:
> Just edit the existing Portfile and change 1.4.2-apple32 to 1.4.2-
> apple18.  The sources are in the same spot
> (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/src ).
>
> cd /path/to/ports/x11/xorg-server
> sudo port -v -f uninstall # to remove the existing version
> nano -w Portfile # change the version
> sudo port -v install # it will complain about the checksums and give
> you the new ones to copy/paste into the Portfile
> nano -w Portfile # replace the checksums
> sudo port -v install

Jeremy,

I did install 1.4.2-apple18 and even ~19 no problem, though I thought that
beta2 did not work on my mac :-) anyway, this time the CPU would not go
crazy, with apple20, X11 was "not responding" (I had to kill it twice) and
after the third time - the CPU was up again if I activated xterm down to
idle ... - so it seems something between 19 and 20. I saved a sample of
the "not responding" version 20 (attached).

ciao
chris

PS: I am never used nano - so I thought for a  moment, what command is that -
I prefer vi in a terminal :-)
--
public key www.hfph.mwn.de/~chwolf/chwolf.asc

Please respect my privacy and do not make my contact information
available to third parties.