[Xquartz-dev] X11 servers "dedicated" to an application

Mike Sliczniak xquartz-dev.5.mzs at spamgourmet.com
Fri Jan 2 11:53:44 PST 2009

Hi,

First, I had to do a lot of work on my ppc eMac to bring it back to
working properly. As part of that I upgraded to 2.3.2_rc5 and
http://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/X11.bin-20081231.bz2 with very
positive results. Thanks again.

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008, Jeremy Huddleston - jeremyhu at apple.com wrote:

> 2) edit X11Gimp.app/Contents/Info.plist and change the XFBundleIdentifier
> from "org.x.X11" to "org.x.X11.gimp"

Will this also lead to using different preference files for the X11.app
and X11Gimp.app? If not it would be nice if it did. I used to run an X
server at 256 colors and one in 32-bit. back in Tiger I had a script that
would fire-up the X server from the command line for 256 colors.  Now I
use vnc for the 8-bit one but I know others mention it from time to time
here.

mzs