[Xquartz-dev] Leopard X11 2.3.2

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 3 09:59:03 PST 2009

Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> I'm proud to announce the release of version 2.3.2 of X11 for Leopard.
> It's been 3.5 months since our last release, and I think it's been well
> worth the wait.  This is by far the largest set of bug fixes and updates
> since 2.2.0!
[]
> Changes since 2.3.2_rc5:
> Honor system key repeat rate
> Got rid of some debug spew about bad modifier keycodes
> Fixed a possible deadlock / startup race condition
> xterm 238 to address CVE-2008-2383

Another change (maybe already between rc4 and rc5) seems to be that
fonts.conf has migrated to yet another place, namely to
/usr/X11/etc/fonts/. This will trip up those programs that have just
learned that it migrated from /usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/ to
/usr/X11/lib/X11/fontconfig/. Some questions:

Why this competition between /usr/X11/etc/fonts/ and
/usr/X11/lib/X11/fontconfig/? Both come with conf.avail and conf.d
directories.

Is the directory structure used by fontconfig documented somewhere? man
fonts-conf still talks about /etc/fonts.conf, which has disappeared
years ago. I haven't found man pages talking about conf.avail/ and conf.d/.

Is this going to settle down?

--
Martin