[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.2.1: Colors wrong in vim in xterm

Chris Linstid clinstid at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:09:49 PST 2009

When running vim in xterm in 2.3.2.1, the colors aren't being represented
correctly for me.  A screenshot can be seen here:

http://logicaldiscord.com/images/X11_2.3.2.1_vim_color_issue.png

The xterm on the left is showing the "incorrect" colors and the rxvt window
on the right is showing what the colors are supposed to (well, used to) look
like.  I did not see this issue in 2.3.2_rc3, so it's definitely something
that happened between then and now.  I also tried both xterm 237 and 238
(237 was installed via MacPorts) and had the same results.  Unfortunately, I
did not try rc4, rc5 or 2.3.2 so I can't narrow it down much further than
than after 2.3.2_rc3.

Also seems to happen if I ssh from a Linux system with X11 forwarding and
run an xterm from my Mac, displaying on the Linux X server.

    - Chris