[Xquartz-dev] xorg-server on Macports (works with Tiger)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Wed Jan 14 02:03:18 PST 2009

Am 13.01.2009 um 16:00 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

>> X11 fails to launch in the same manner as my self-compiled X11R7.4:
>

> This is still true!

Meanwhile even Apple's original X11 stopped working!

Yesterday evening the authentication tool did not appear on screen
when I woke up my Mac from slumber. This happens twice or three times
per year. So only a reboot could help. In single-user mode fsck did
not find any errors, so I rebooted in multi-user mode. And now I
don't have even one responsive tool (Mac OS X is really lame).

Hopefully a re-install of X11 works ... (plus 10.4.11 Combo Update,
plus latest but one Security Update)

--
Greetings

   Pete