[Xquartz-dev] Sparkle

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Jul 20 09:08:22 PDT 2009

So, there was a parse error in the xml file for sparkle, so the
2.4.0_beta5 update probably never appeared.  I fixed the parse error
("<title" instead of "<title>" ><) and you should all see the popup
sometime in the next day or so (I think Sparkle rechecks every 24
hours).

The automatic update has one issue that I don't like... while doing
the install, you can not use X11.  I opened a question to the Sparkle
devs about this on Launchpad if anyone wants to join in the discussion
(or knows the answer):

https://answers.launchpad.net/sparkle/+question/77572