[Xquartz-dev] 2.4.0_beta4 and beta5

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Jul 24 09:06:13 PDT 2009

On Jul 24, 2009, at 07:28, Robert Wyatt wrote:

> The installer does seem to wait until the second time X11 is run. Mine
> hung at "Installing update..." After force quitting, the version had
> not been updated. Maybe tomorrow it will work.

yes, X11 itself is unresponsive while the installer is doing it's
thing.  This is a bug in Sparkle, and I have a patch to fix it in
2.4.0_rc1.  I'd recommend installing 2.4.0_rc1, and if you don't mind
testing the update, you can do so by hand editing /Applications/
Utilities/X11.app/Contents/Info.plist and changing CFBundleVersion
from 2.4.2 to 2.4.1.  Then you can update with Sparkle from the "X11"
menu if it doesn't prompt you on startup.