[Xquartz-dev] 1.5 branch notes (was Re: 2.4.0_beta1)

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Jun 1 22:16:26 PDT 2009

BTW, since pushing out 2.3.3, I've been focusing back on the 1.5 and
1.6 branches of the server for 2.4.0.  The fullscreen crash mentioned
below has been fixed in git.  You can test it out for yourself by
installing 2.3.3.2 then dropping in the updated X11.bin from:
http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/X11.bin-1.5.3-apple7.bz2

detailed instructions for the daring:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/Releases#xorg-server

for those with more patience, I hope to have a 2.4.0_beta2 available
by the end of the week.  I will be away for approximately 10 days
starting on the 7th, so I want to get some new toys out there for
testing =)

The only major regression I am aware of with 1.5 has to do with
keyboard mapping.  You'll probably run into problems if you have a
~/.Xmodmap file present.  Hopefully I'll have a fix for that in time
for the 2.4.0_beta2 release.

Thanks,
Jeremy