[Xquartz-dev] High CPU load on Mac OS X 10.4

Simon Ruderich simon at ruderich.org
Tue Mar 3 15:18:43 PST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 03:54:54PM -0800, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> I built a quartz-wm for you for Tiger.  I haven't tested it, and I don't
> guarantee that it won't cause problems, so please backup your existing
> quartz-wm.

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry for the late reply I was away for a week and have been
quite busy.

> Here it is:
> http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/quartz-wm-1.0.0-Tiger.bz2
>
> Download it, decompress it, and replace /usr/X11R6/bin/quartz-wm with it.
>
> Then you should be able to enable the pasteboard proxying in the new X11
> on Tiger, since this replacement quartz-wm should behave nicely.
>
> --Jeremy

Thank you very much for your help, it works perfectly.

Is there a way to "integrate" this in MacPorts so other users on
10.4 get this also (I have no idea how X11 really works, so
forgive me if this is a stupid question).

Thanks again,
Simon
--
+ privacy is necessary