[Xquartz-dev] Tiger: OpenGL problem with stereo visuals with AppleSGLX-55

Martin Otte otte at duke.edu
Tue Mar 24 14:18:34 PDT 2009

Using AppleSGLX-55 and xorg-server-1.4.2-apple37 from macports, I can
now compile a working X-server with accelerated OpenGL on Tiger.

The only difference I noted compared to the system X11 is that  a glx
program which tries to use  a stereo visual crashes. I can replicate
the same crash with glxgears -stereo:

 > env LIBGL_DIAGNOSTIC=1 glxgears -stereo
initializing libGL in apple_init_glx
DIAG: CGL major 1 minor 0
error: invalid pixel format
X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContext
   Major opcode of failed request:  0 ()
   Serial number of failed request:  22

So far, this is the only problem that I have experienced with xorg-
server-1.4.2-apple37 on Tiger.

Thanks for the Tiger support,
Martin