[Xquartz-dev] Some opengl windows blacked out with 2.3.3rc2

George Peter Staplin georgeps at xmission.com
Thu Mar 26 09:51:20 PDT 2009

Quoted Martin Otte <otte at duke.edu>:

> I just upgraded to 2.3.3_rc2 from 2.3.2, and everything works fine
> except for one application (IDL) where all opengl windows are blacked
> out. If I click and drag/rotate the visualization in the window, the
> correct scene will flash momentarily but the window will again be
> entirely black when I stop moving the visualized surface.
>
> Everything worked fine with 2.3.2 and earlier versions. Since it is a
> commercial product, I can't help with any source code examples.
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

I have an update on this issue.  I wrote another test case, and made
some changes.  I believe this should be resolved in the next release
candidate.  The changes are in the AppleSGLX public svn tree as well.
It should restore the behavior you would have found with the old libGL.

This may resolve most of the new black window problems that users have
been experiencing, though it doesn't resolve the withdrawn windows
losing their surfaces, which the old libGL and X server had a problem
with as well.

George
--
http://people.freedesktop.org/~gstaplin/