[Xquartz-dev] Porting XCopyArea to plain OS X

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed May 13 09:47:57 PDT 2009

Well the blt is just using SIMD... it's basically a "fast memcpy" and
there's not much more than that.  You might want to look into cairo/
quartz.  I'm pretty sure cairo/quartz still uses pixman instead of CG
for most of its opperations.  You may want to just hook into cairo if
you want something higher level, too:

http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-quartz-surface.html