[Xquartz-dev] What's the story with Xaw3d?

Peter Collinson pc at hillside.co.uk
Sat May 16 11:11:21 PDT 2009

This is a FYI - not a bug:

It seems that for gtk+=2.16.1 the 'configure' test to assert
HAVE_RANDR is

# Check for the RANDR extension
if $PKG_CONFIG --exists "xrandr >= 1.2.99" ; then
      AC_DEFINE(HAVE_RANDR, 1, [Have the Xrandr extension library])

      X_PACKAGES="$X_PACKAGES xrandr"
fi

For 2.3.3 - /usr/X11/lib has randr 1.3.0

Commenting all this out and rebuilding stops the complaint from Xlib
in gtk-demo.