[Xquartz-dev] Leopard X11 Update 2.3.3.1

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Sun May 17 22:03:08 PDT 2009

Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> writes:
> They shouldn't be identical.  Which visuals look identical to you?

Er, all of them?  xdpyinfo shows 224 TrueColor visuals differing in
nothing but the id, and another 224 DirectColor visuals ditto.

  visual:
    visual id:    0x25
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x26
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x27
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x28

This is on an early-2008 Macbook Pro 15", 10.5.7.  I didn't
happen to look at xdpyinfo output recently, so I can't say if
it was the same before 10.5.7/2.3.3.

			regards, tom lane