[Xquartz-dev] Server binary 1.7.1.901

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Nov 6 16:49:39 PST 2009

So along with the 2.4.1_beta1 release, some of you braver souls might like to replace the 1.6 server binary with one built from the 1.7 branch.  This binary contains everything from the 1.7.1.901 release that was made earlier today as well as a few patches that didn't make the deadline but will probably wind up in 1.7.2 when it finally ships.

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/SL/X11.bin-1.7.1.901.bz2

Just download, decompress, and replace /A/U/XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS/X11.bin with it.

If all goes well, I'll switch over to the 1.7 server for the next release, but I want some more feedback first.  I've been using it and master (1.8) extensively, and this version is what is currently in MacPorts, so I do believe it is release-quality.  Please let me know if you run into any trouble.

Thanks,
Jeremy