[Xquartz-dev] 2.4.1_beta1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Nov 7 16:30:36 PST 2009

On Nov 7, 2009, at 06:17, Jean-Francois Sygnet wrote:

> while the real file is (oddly :-) named:
> http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.4.1_beta1.dmg

Ah, yes... thanks.  I needed to rename it for Sparkle to work right and didn't re-edit my mail message.

> 2/ just to let you know that I've been using 2.4.1_alpha{1,3}  (and now _beta1)
> with xorg-server-1.7.x.901 with no problems (and great pleasure:
> IMHO it _is_ release quality)
> Oh, and if it matters: on a MacBookPro1,1 running 10.6.1

Thanks.  Unless I hear something negative, the next release will be using 1.7.x

> 3/ A single comment: when using xorg-server-1.7.x.901 (as opposed to
> 1.6.5-apple-x) the " X11 > Check for X11 Updates ..." menu item
> disappears : is it a feature or a bug ?

The drop-in-binaries are built without sparkle support... mainly because I don't like telling Sparkle to shutup every time I start the server while developing ;) ... I figure anyone who wants to grab those binaries will be savvy enough to notice the final release as well.