[Xquartz-dev] Bug: Vertical limit not updated properly

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Fri Nov 20 22:20:24 PST 2009

Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> writes:
> I don't seem to have this problem...
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 21:35, Andrew Farmer wrote:

>> Just noticed that, when my screen's resolution increases (e.g, when I start using an external display), I become unable to move X11 windows lower than a certain vertical point until I restart X11 or reduce the resolution. Easy way to reproduce this: start X11, set your monitor's rotation from 0° to 90°, and try to move a window all the way down the screen.

FWIW, I saw something much like this the other day while using an
external display attached to my macbook: I couldn't move X11 windows
all the way to the bottom of the combined screen.

I could not reproduce it after restarting X11, and haven't seen it
before or since despite using that lashup every day.  But there's
something fishy there someplace.

			regards, tom lane