[Xquartz-dev] 2.4.1_alpha2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Oct 12 23:11:07 PDT 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 18:48, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Is anyone having any luck installing the 1.7.0.901 release with these
> instructions on top of X11-SL-2.4.1_alpha2? I am finding that, while
> the X11-SL-2.4.1_alpha2 release runs fine, when I install 1.7.0.901,
> the Xquartz application quits immediately upon launching.

It worked for me, but of course my system is a bit "off" from what's
out in the wild, so can you provide some more diagnostic info (like
the output in /var/log/system.log)?

As you notice, I built the binary on Leopard (hence it's linked
against /usr/X11/...) ... maybe there's a hardcoded path in there that
I wasn't aware of which is causing problems... but it was working for
me... =/

I'll build one against the SL version tomorrow... I was just hoping to
avoid building two versions of each release.