[Xquartz-dev] Borders in 1.6 and 1.7 almost working

Martin Otte otte at duke.edu
Sun Oct 18 18:54:25 PDT 2009

Hi,

I've been using mainly the 1.4 server, so I haven't looked at the
border problem in a while. I just tried with the recent 2.4.1_alpha
and the 1.6 and 1.7 servers, and I'm still seeing some problems with
border handling.

With the simple border.c example that I had sent you, the borders are
shown mostly ok when the window is first shown, but if I drag the
handle in the lower right to resize the window as small as possible,
and then drag the handle to make the window large again the border
does not show properly anymore. This is with the 1.6.5 and 1.7.0.901
servers.

The exception is if the window is placed all the way in the upper-left
corner of the display. Then, the internal border is always shown
correctly even as I drag the handle to resize the window.

So, if you run the border.c program, move the window away from the
upper-left corner of the display, and then drag the resize handle to
make the window small and then large again, you should see that the
border is no longer displayed.

Thanks for working to try to fix this problem,
Martin