[Xquartz-dev] New git repo

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Oct 19 13:29:14 PDT 2009

X11's development model is changing a bit during this 1.8 release
cycle.  We're starting to take more advantage of the power of git to
have distributed development trees for different features.  This will
help keep master more stable and hopefully lead to more testing of the
latest code bases in general.

As such, I've broken off XQuartz development into a separate git tree
which will periodically be merged back into master and 1.7-
nominations.  The DeveloperInfo wiki page has been updated with the
new URLs.

You can get the "latest and greatest" from my personal git repository
now.  Check out this link for tarballs and branch information:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/xserver/

Additionally, I'll be putting in hooks for commit messages to be sent
to the xquartz-changes mailing list.

Thanks,
Jeremy