[Xquartz-dev] configuration

Heiko Przybyl zuxez at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 26 05:59:10 PDT 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 12:26 AM, Christof Wolf wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 October 2009, xquartz-dev-
> request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:
>> Those of you seeing this, let's try to figure out why I'm not
>> reproducing it.  What are your configurations:
>>
>> laptop/trackpad? keyboard/mouse? tablet?
>
> Jeremy,
>
> I can reproduce it on my two macs
>
> 1) MacBookPro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram 667 MHz (US model)
> GeForce
> 8600M GT, SL 10.6.1
> I think I bought it 1,5 year ago :-)
> with wacom tablet - latest driver installed, but with or without the
> tablet -
> no difference, I don't have an external keyboard
>
> 2) MacBook Air 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram 1067 MHz (US
> model) NVIDIA
> GeForce 9400M, SL 10.6.1 - I bought in April this year, but there
> are newer
> models after that :-(
> I have the latest wacom driver installed but often I use it without
> any
> additional mouse, tablet etc. but exactly the same behavior like the
> MacBook
> Pro
>
> Christof

Hello all,

I can reproduce the problem on my MacBook3,1 running 10.6.1 with
Xquartz  2.4.1_alpha3 (with and without X11.bin-1.7.0.901). Doesn't
matter if I use the internal trackpad or the external USB mouse. As
soon as I switch away from X11 the input seems to be frozen and not
being restored when switching back to X11 (that even holds for the
quartz title bar of the X11 windows -- there's no interacting with the
title bar or the three shiny buttons). But I noticed that the input
can be restored if one minimizes (cmd+m) the X11 window and restores
it from the Dock. Could that at all be a problem related to the
WindowServer-X11-brigde instead of X11 itself?

Kind regards,

     Heiko.