[Xquartz-dev] Minimise into dock icon

Jamie Kennea jamie at pompey.org
Tue Sep 1 10:36:14 PDT 2009

On Sep 1, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> What preference now?  My guess is that it's a lack-of-me-knowing-the-
> prefernece-exists type of bug... most of the spaces/expose/dock-fu
> needs to be handled within X11 since we don't use the same
> interfaces that the rest of the OSX world does.

A new feature of Snow Leopard is found under System Preferences/Dock -
 > "Minimize windows into application icon". When you check this,
instead of ending up next to the trash can in the Dock, windows genie
into the icon of their program (so in this case, the X11 Dock icon).
Its a nice feature for those of us who don't like the fact that the
Dock grows longer/icons shrink when minimizing a lot of windows.

Support of this feature would be much appreciated in X11. I've
submitted a short bug report to radar (#7187169).

Jamie