[Xquartz-dev] 2.4.1_alpha1 for SnowLeopard

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Sep 17 10:25:34 PDT 2009

On Sep 17, 2009, at 09:51, Pelle Johansson wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Sounds great.
> Just so I don't do something stupid, could you detail the configure
> options needed to replicate this setup when building from source
> (for xserver)? Perhaps an update to the wiki could be in order? :)

all modules:
--prefix=/opt/X11

xinit:
remove the --with-launchagents-dir=... --with-launchdaemons-dir=...,
so it defaults to /Library instead of /System/Library

xinit and xserver:
add --with-launchd-id-prefix=org.macosforge.xquartz to set the
identifier

If you want to use sparkle, you also need to add --enable-sparkle to
xserver's configure.

What wiki page needs updating?