[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.1_beta1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Apr 2 16:39:42 PDT 2010

Yes, with less than one week since the 2.5.0 release, I am already starting the development towards our next release.

2.5.1_beta1 pulls in new versions of modules that I judged too "risky" for the 2.5.0 release as that version wrapped up development.  The DDX is nearly identical to the version shipped in 2.5.0, but we've updated the rest of the server code to the 1.8 branch.  Additionally, I've pulled in a newer version of mesa (7.8) and rebased the HW-accelerated libGL against that new version.  libpng-1.4.1 is included and default.  cairo-1.8.10 is included and using the new libpng.

Also, quartz-wm has the fix for bug #370

To get the fix through auto-update, you need to be on the beta feed:
defaults write org.macosforge.xquartz.X11 SUFeedURL http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/sparkle/beta.xml

Or you can download it here:
http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.5.1_beta1.dmg