[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.1_beta2

robert delius royar x11 at frinabulax.org
Thu Apr 22 16:09:36 PDT 2010

There appears to be a problem with the display variable.  Does the name
have a '\r' or '\n' within it?  When I try to start gnuserv (for
XEmacs), XEmacs (or gnuserv?) reports that it cannot find the port

  ,org.macosforge.xquartz.X11:6000

The format of the error makes it appear that the path (before the
"org.") ends in a line break or spaces.  I get not crash report from
this. I also cannot send mail to report the bug because my X-based mail
software crashes (with a less-than-useful crash report).

This is a four-day-old MBP 13".  I am running the Beta 1 currently, and
it does not have the error.

Thu, 22 Apr 2010 (13:29 -0700 UTC) Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> I just uploaded 2.5.1_beta2 (only for Snow Leopard), and it should appear if you check for updates (assuming you're on the beta update stream), or you can use this direct link:
>
> http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.5.1_beta2.dmg
>
> A few modules were updated including a new xterm and pixman, but the focus has been on bugfixes.  This has some GLX fixes and also provides a workaround for the "borders issue".
>
> Please test it out and let me know how it handles.
>
> --Jeremy

   Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across
   this country.
        George Bush comments on why doctors should be exempt from litigation
   18:54 up 21 mins, 1 user, load averages: 1.08 1.38 1.07