[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.1_beta2

robert delius royar x11 at frinabulax.org
Fri Apr 23 06:51:10 PDT 2010

Thu, 22 Apr 2010 (23:15 -0700 UTC) Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2010, at 16:09, robert delius royar wrote:
>
>> There appears to be a problem with the display variable.  Does the name have a '\r' or '\n' within it?  When I try to start gnuserv (for XEmacs), XEmacs (or gnuserv?) reports that it cannot find the port
>>
>> ,org.macosforge.xquartz.X11:6000
>
> My guess is that your apps are not using a recent libX11.  Are you building your own (very old) libX11 or using applications that were built and shipped with older versions of that library?

That was my first thought for XEmacs, so I recompiled it.  otool showed
it was pulling in the libX11 from /opt/X11/lib.  I will reinstall the
beta2 later today to see if I can get more debug information.  Are there
any things I should look for?  As I said earlier, the failure did not
cause a crash report, and I cannot be sure whether the failure was in
XEmacs or an X-lib dylib with which it links.  As for the email program
crash, its report was not helpful.  I will need to recompile it with
debugging turned on to see exactly what function failed.

--
Dr. Robert Delius Royar                   Associate Professor of English
Morehead State University                             Morehead, Kentucky