[Xquartz-dev] DISPLAY issue

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Fri Apr 23 18:52:41 PDT 2010

Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> writes:
> This should have the fix.  Thanks for everyone's help reporting / diagnosing the issue.
> http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.5.1_beta3.dmg

Only partially fixed, I'm afraid: remote clients over an ssh -Y tunnel
still fall over.  The complaints look like this:

connect /tmp/launch-9pq5dZ/org.macosforge.xquartz:0.0: No such file or directory
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

The local-Perl-Tk case that I initially complained of in ticket 390
does work, so that's a step forward.  But it's still unusable for
my purposes if ssh tunneling doesn't work :-(

It might or might not be relevant that $DISPLAY shows up as
"...:0.0" rather than the former value of "...:0"?

			regards, tom lane