[Xquartz-dev] DISPLAY issue

Kyle McKay mackyle at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 12:19:25 PDT 2010

On Apr 23, 2010, at 21:55:38 PDT, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> Well the change to libxcb fixed things for libxcb and libX11... too
> bad ssh didn't parse the screen out of $DISPLAY like it's supposed
> to... =/  I have a workaround for that in libX11 now:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libX11/commit/?id=aae2a4a7aab26de3fa715d6ecd0a0e0926b37fc9
>
> If we ever decide to support multiple X11 screens, we'll need to
> revert that (and have ssh fixed).

Well this is a Mac OS X only project and you do work for Apple and
Apple sure used to include plenty of patches to the included ssh build
for 10.5.x (see <http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/OpenSSH/OpenSSH-95.1.5/patches/
 > for example) -- and it looks like they're still there in the 10.6.x
version, except neither the .orig files nor the patches directory is
present anymore.

Any chance you could send the appropriate ssh patch along to the
internal Apple folks in charge of ssh? (I'd guess Disco Vince Giffin
can point you in the correct direction if he's not handling the
patches anymore.)

to applying ssh patches -- someone (usually Damien Miller) generally
applies reasonable looking patches promptly.

Kyle