[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.0 (xorg-server 1.9.2.901) and X authority

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 24 14:38:20 PST 2010

Am 24.12.2010 um 22:09 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> Right, if you disable launchd, that's what will happen... why are
> you disabling the launchd support?

Because I am an X11 user and not just using this or that single X
client. I can manage their handling myself. I prefer BlackboxWM (it
can minimise clients to the title bar), although OpenLookWM, or
OpenLookVirtualWM olvwm, might be a better choice, and some X11
desktop – of course without a dock and such useless gimmicks. And I
prefer for example GNU Emacs, the X client, before the Carbon, Cocoa,
and AppKit variants. It's faster ("Instant Emacs") and feels more handy.

What puzzles me also, is whether a few X servers will be launched when
I let launchd launch FontForge, gkrellm, xrmap, and of course GNU
Emacs. And how copying and pasting could work between them and with
native Aqua clients.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Make it simple, as simple as possible but no simpler.
				– Albert Einstein