[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.0 (xorg-server 1.9.2.901) and X authority

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Dec 25 02:12:56 PST 2010

Am 25.12.2010 um 03:03 schrieb Jordan K. Hubbard:

> I think what Jeremy may be too polite to say here is that launching
> the X11 environment with launchd is the supported configuration.

I do understand this: Apple first, X11 just its guest (why is bootcamp
so exclusive?). In politics such a behaviour is called "totalitarian",
in economics its called "monopolistic" or M$ (or Apple). This does not
fit into our democratic and pluralistic world with free and open
software. It might be OK for some more years in China, where the Apple
hardware comes from...

--
Greetings

   Pete