[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.0_beta2

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Feb 1 19:44:34 PST 2010

I've once again rolled a new beta release of XQuartz.

2.5.0_beta2 includes multiple bug fixes for issues recently marked as "fixed" in trac.  Please check out the full ChangeLog for details.

http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/ChangeLog

There are two points that I'd like to highlight:

1) We're now using mesa's gl.h rather than the one we were using before (which indirectly included OpenGL.framework's gl.h).  This avoids issues where the prototypes between the two versions differ.

2) The "stuck pointer" issue should now be fixed.  If you get a pointer stuck in the upper left corner after this release, please let me know as I'm under the impression that that issue is now fixed.

You can update using XQuartz.app's automatic update feature or manually with this dmg:

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.5.0_beta2.dmg