[Xquartz-dev] Fully self contained Xquartz.app?

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Jul 15 14:54:23 PDT 2010

On Jul 15, 2010, at 11:10, Ken Thomases wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2010, at 1:17 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
>
>> On Jul 14, 2010, at 09:48, doh123 wrote:
>>
>>> because my main goal isn't for Xquartz itself, its for Wineskin, which has Xquartz packaged inside... because Wine has to have X11, and I try to make the apps run as much like a native app as possible, hiding Wine and Xquartz and everything from the user.
>>
>> You can require that your users select the X11User.pkg which means they will have /usr/X11 on their system.  This is what Codeweavers does for Crossover currently.
>
> Actually, we don't make use of anything within /usr/X11.  We only require X11User.pkg because Snow Leopard switched to not installing quartz-wm or libXplugin without it.  (On Leopard, they were installed as part of the base system.)

Right, my statement was ambiguous.  "This" was referring to "Codewecers currently requires X11User.pkg because that is the only way to get quartz-wm on SL".  I realize Codeweavers uses its own stack for everything else, but I don't suggest you do the same unless you really need that level of customization and control that they do.