[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz-2.6.0_alpha1 (SL Only)

doh123 doh123 at doh123.com
Sat Jul 31 22:15:33 PDT 2010

xrandr crashes the server quite often without running any other programs (or throws windows down off the bottom of the screen). Wine crashes the server easy in a few games I tried, but the least crashy was Neverball.  I've tried running xrandr before hand to make sure it lists everything right... It never is able to actually show a fullscreen, though I think its working, I just can't ever get it to come up and show me... occasionally switching modes around I can see if for a second, then it shows me the Mac desktop again, even though it might still be in the lower res it was calling.

I still get tons of errors in it and a couple other games I tested much like this in the WIne log  "err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1024x768x32 @2! (XRandR)"  I'm not sure if thats causing the problem or not since I can't ever see it to see if its working anyways, and the resolution is changing.... so it might actually be working, yet its just a bug where I can't see the "game mode" screens.

I find Neverball the best way to do quick randr tests with Wine.  Just make a build of Wine, then you can run neverball.exe or neverputt.exe, they'll work at default settings, completely platinum in Wine.  In the options in game is a fullscreen/window toggle, and all detected resolutions you can easily click and change to.  sometimes I get it stuck in fullscreen and can't ever see anything, so just removing ~/.wine and it goes back to defaults (windowed mode).