[Xquartz-dev] Upgraded from 2.3.5 to 2.5.0, XQuartz MIA

Nathan Gray n8gray at n8gray.org
Fri Jun 4 14:23:03 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Monoprice graphics tablet which works great in
Aqua but I couldn't get pressure sensitivity to work in Gimp or
Inkscape.  I decided to try upgrading X as a debugging step so I
downloaded and installed XQuartz 2.5.0.  I rebooted my machine and
opened an iTerm window.  "echo $DISPLAY" gives
"/tmp/launch-XXXXXX/org.x:0".  When I do "ls /tmp/launch*" I don't see
any org.macosforge.xquartz:0 socket.  I tried disabling the
org.x.startx System Agent using Lingon and rebooting.  The org.x:0
socket is still there and the org...xquartz:0 socket still isn't.

More info:
[n8gray at golux]% grep DISPLAY ~/.zsh*
[n8gray at golux]% launchctl list | grep startx                                # ~
-       0       org.x.startx
[n8gray at golux]% sudo launchctl list | grep startx                           # ~
-       0       org.x.privileged_startx
[n8gray at golux]% echo $PATH
/Users/n8gray/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/local/godi/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/godi/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/Developer/Tools:/usr/texbin:.:/opt/local/devkitPRO/devkitARM/bin

I've poked launchctl a few times to see if I can load the xquartz
agent but I'm pretty hopeless with launchctl.

Can anybody suggest a solution?

Please CC me with replies.
Thanks,
-n8

--
HexaLex: A New Angle on Crossword Games for iPhone and iPod Touch
http://hexalex.com