[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.5.0_rc1

Brian Gernhardt benji at silverinsanity.com
Tue Mar 16 07:38:27 PDT 2010

On Mar 16, 2010, at 2:59 AM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

On 10.6, I ran the suggested command.

> defaults write org.macosforge.xquartz.X11 SUFeedURL http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/sparkle/beta.xml

> Assuming you have 2.4.0 on Leopard or one of the earlier 2.5.0 betas for SL, you should see an auto-update notification the next time you start X11 after running the above command.

As expected, the Sparkle update dialog appeared, although I'll note that the changelog page is difficult to read in the narrow dialog box.  You may want to create a plainer page to display for the updater.  Sparkle then downloads the update and gives me an "Install" button.  Once I click the button, it says "An error occurred while installing the update.", which is not terribly descriptive.  Checking Console.app, I find:

3/16/10 10:27:56 AM	X11.bin[31126]	Sparkle Error: An error occurred while installing the update. Please try again later.
3/16/10 10:27:56 AM	X11.bin[31126]	Sparkle Error (continued): Couldn't find an appropriate update in the downloaded package.

I am updating from 2.5.0_beta2 on 10.6.2

~~ Brian