[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.5.0_rc1

Brandon Allbery allbery at kf8nh.com
Tue Mar 16 18:17:37 PDT 2010

On Mar 16, 2010, at 02:59 , Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> Please hammer this release.  I feel confident that it is release
> quality, but I want to get a wider audience first.

Double weirdness with dual displays:

I have my HDTV hooked up for occasional use as a second monitor,
positioned to the left of my iMac's internal screen (iMac is the
master screen with the menubar and dock).  As it turned out, the mini-
DVI connector had worked its way loose, so when I started the new X11
it knew only about the internal display.  When I fixed the connector,
all my X11 windows moved to the HDTV, then X11 froze.  I was able to
move the windows back but not to do anything else with them.
Interestingly, quitting X11 worked, so it wasn't completely frozen
even though things like motion events clearly weren't being responded
to (admittedly I couldn't say if they weren't being delivered or if
the resulting window updates weren't happening; I need to get xscope
and/or xmon going here).

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu